Something exciting came in today

Back in October of 2015, I built a custom bluetooth keyboard based on the (now retired) Quark plate from Ortholinear Keyboards.  It was a rough affair that was hand wired and based around the Bluefruit EZ-Key and left a lot to be desired in both functionality and layout.  Not being satisfied, I set out to design a board that was symmetrical and had a integrated, lower-cost bluetooth chipset.  Along the way, it picked up RGB capability and a real-time clock for implementation of TOTP.

Today the first prototype PCBs came in, so I can begin seriously hammering out the firmware and checking for flaws in the hardware design.  I jope to keep everyone updated as the project progresses, and based on interest, perhaps sell some of the finished design and/or make the project files available on my github.

 

Creee40 Layout

Layout on Keyboard Layout Editor

Changing focus and (hopefully) new updates.

So… This blag hasn’t seen any updates in over two years.  My enthusiasm for gunpla has wound down quite a bit and it seems like a waste to maintain this site as-is with no new content coming.  So I’m going to push this site to a more general “projects I’m working on” blog.  There may still be some gundam content, but the focus will probably be more on electronics and software.

zomg! Another new project!

I have way too many unfinished projects to start anything else, but that doesn’t seem to have stopped me.  For a long time I’ve wanted to do a build of a heavily damaged ball that somehow survived long enough to make its way back to the motor pool, so I decided to make it my project for the HLJ modelling contest at the end of 2013.  Unsurprisingly, it wasn’t finished in time but it’s a relatively simple build and I don’t see any reason that it can’t be completed for the end of the month.

 

IMG_1461

Continue reading

Banshee Norn Update: Parts Came in!

IMG_1437

The parts for the Norn came in and I’m happy to say that my measurements were (mostly) correct!  Everything looks great, though there were a few things that don’t quite work in real life the way they did in the 3D model.  The launcher above is the worst offender.  Somewhere along the way I screwed up the measurements on the body attachment point and the drum dimensions, resulting in the whole thing bowing a bit when loaded and not attaching at all unless the body attachment point is snapped off and removed.  It’s going to need at least one more revision before I’m happy with it.

Continue reading